Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Tips for Surviving Finals

I think no matter what year your husband is in school, finals time can be hard! I thought I would share some of the things that have helped my husband and I get through them in the past. Please share any ideas you have!

  • Plan something fun for when one final is over or for when all of finals are over or both. I feel like this gives us both something to look forward to and something else to focus on besides time apart. This year we are going to Jump On It after his first final is over. He only has two this year, (yay) so when his last one is over, we are going to Las Vegas for a night!
  • Hang out with other Law Partners! There are lots of planned activities that you can attend or plan one yourself! I am all for a play date at my house if you are interested! I have a 3 year old and a one year old who are quite bored with just me!
  • Find a new hobby that takes up a lot of your time like blogging, sewing, organizing your pictures on your computer (currently doing), or organizing your itunes account (currently doing).
  • Make a finals survival kit for your husband. At the beginning of finals week you could give him some healthy snacks and some unhealthy snacks, a highlighter, ear plugs, tabs (my husband swears by these), travel size tylenol, $10 to his signature card so he can get snacks at the vending machines or any of the restaurants on campus, or even just surprise him with cookies on his carrel.

2 comments:

Sam said...

We usually go out for a celebration dinner, at least once during finals :) and then a "real" date when finals are all done. Planning something fun like that gives you something to look forward to :)

Heidi said...

Thanks for the ideas! Good luck with finals!!!