Wednesday, February 29, 2012

2012-2013 LP Board


President: Natalie Watkins
Bio: I’m a stay-at-home mom with two little girls, Emilyn (5) and Camilla (3). My husband, Rex, is soon to be a 3rd-year law student. Prior to our life in Provo, I graduated in horticulture from Utah State, and enjoyed gardening during our 5-year stint in Madison, WI where Rex was a graduate student. Our first year in Provo, I was the 1L Law Partners representative. I enjoy reading, gardening, crafts, cooking, yoga, outdoor activities, and helping my kids build with legos.

Summary: I have really enjoyed the law school experience for our family. One of the reasons for this has been the opportunity I’ve had to get to know other law spouses and benefit from their experience and insight. These friends have commiserated with me while our spouses were holed up for finals and helped me through the anxiety of awaiting internship offers. As president of law partners, I hope to continue to foster this spirit of camaraderie. By planning meaningful, fun, and quality seminars, activities, and get-togethers, law partners will address the most relevant concerns for spouses, serve as a source of beneficial information, and provide a fun environment for dealing with the stresses of law school.


Vice President: Miquelle Robertson
Bio: I was born and raised in Sandy, Utah. My husband and I met at Snow College where I received my associate degree, and then we attended the University of Utah (I am a big fan). I received my bachelor’s degree in human and family studies. I hope to receive a master’s degree in social work and become a counselor. We have an adorable fifteen-month-old boy named James. I work at America First Credit Union as a teller in Spanish Fork. I love crafts, outdoor activities in the summer, reading, and spending time with my family.  

Summary: My name is Miquelle Robertson and I would like to run for Vice President of Law Partners. Law Partners allows the spouses (the big supporters) of law students to have an experience all their own during law school. During the year and a half my husband has been in law school, I have found that interacting with other spouses of law students creates a common bond because we are all in a similar situation. To me, that is the biggest benefit of Law Partners: it is a support team for three years. It can be hard to find the time to meet new people, but Law Partners always has fun activities no matter your schedule. I like that you can bring your kids to the activities, or just have a date night with your spouse.  This is why I would love to be on the Law Partners board. I want to help plan activities that help the spouses get to know each other. By way of improvement, a few activities I would like Law Partners to hold are a book club, an exercise group, or a monthly movie night.


Secretary: Cassandra Zundel
Bio: My name is Cassandra Zundel. My husband’s name is Jason and he will be a 2L this upcoming year. We have been married for three years and look forward to celebrating our fourth year in December.  We are expecting the arrival of our first little girl in May! We were blessed to buy our first house this year in Riverton Utah. I received my Bachelors of Science degree in Clinical Laboratory Science in 2010 and am currently employed fulltime as a Medical Laboratory Scientist at the University of Utah Medical Center Blood Bank. In my spare time in enjoy crafting, spending time outside and playing the piano.

Summary: I would love to be elected for the position of Secretary for Law Partners 2012-2013.  This was my first year involved with LP and had blast participating in all the various activities that were planned throughout the year.  I was very impressed by some of the forums that were put together and the continuous opportunity to participate in Dinner groups.  What a great way to get to know each other.  With the nontraditional aspect of families who are in Grad School, I think the Mommy and Me activities are a great idea.  With my own new little one on the way, I will be more inclined to help out and encourage others to attend.  I think I would do a great job as secretary with my organizational skills.   My current employment requires me to practice a great eye for detail and specifics. I think I would do a good job at recording minutes.  I would also thoroughly enjoy putting together the monthly newsletter with some sparkle of creativity.  Something that I would like to help improved with LP this year is helping get more people excited and involved in the wonderful activities that are planned.  I believe with a little more involvement, this organization would be phenomenal with some lasting friendships being made J


Hostorian: Alycia Crowley
Bio: My name is Alycia Crowley. I grew up in San Diego, California, and am a lover of the beach, lacrosse, and travelling. I have been married for a little over 2 ½ years. My husband is Trevor Crowley and he is finishing up his first year at BYU Law School. I graduated from the University of Utah in May of 2011 with a Social Science Teaching Composite and History Teaching Minor. I am now working full time as a Paralegal for an attorney here in Provo, and am a blogger on the side for fun! I am loud, talkative, and like to meet new people :) Oh &I could eat a box of Mac N’ Cheese, every single day.

Summary: When I first moved to Provo I didn’t know anyone here. This can be a little daunting when your husband is starting his first year of Law School... and you never see him anymore, ha! Law Partners was a place where I could go and meet up with people going through the same unique experiences as me with a spouse in Law School. It was a place where I could meet new people and make friends. While it has been fun to be a part of Law Partners this past year, I wish that more women would take advantage of this group! Most of the friends I have made are all third year wives, and I felt that more first year spouses weren’t coming to events. I would really like to help facilitate more of a community within Law Partners where the spouses of Law Students want to come and meet new people, and make friends. I would like there to be better turn outs, and more people participating in our activities. I know that with more people, there can be more collaboration, and even more fun!

Treasurer: Beth MacCallum
Bio: I am the Law Partner of Ian MacCallum a handsome 2L from New York.   Ian and I  have been married for eight and 3/4 years and are the proud  parents of Margaret (4 ½ ) Emmett (2 ½ years) and Henry (8 months).  I graduated with my Bachelors of Arts in Urban Planning and Geography from the University at Albany, in Albany New York.  Following graduation I worked five years managing the textbook department at  the University at Albany Bookstore for Barnes and Noble, and the past two years as a Branch Manager for Woodforest Bank.  I am thrilled that my husband finished his undergraduate career so that I can focus on my most exciting and challenging career yet, as a stay at home mom and wife.
*    Summary: I am excited to accept the position of Treasurer on the Law Partners Board for the 2012-2013 school year.  I have enjoyed my affiliation with this club over the last two years and am looking forward to a third year of membership.  I have attended many wonderful events and made several outstanding friendships because of my associations in this organization.  I am blessed to have an opportunity to serve again.  
Description: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/images/cleardot.gif

SLC Rep: Emily Hardy
Bio: I’m a full-time wife of a 1L, mother of a 2 ½ year-old boy and a part-time pediatric nurse. Life is busy and I like it that way. I was born and raised in Fruit Heights, UT, currently live in Salt Lake City and have also lived in Washington, D.C. and China. I could eat Chinese food everyday and I speak just enough Mandarin to get me in trouble. I used to have a Llama named Dito. I feel like I have to say something crafty…I sew, and I prefer to piece quilts.

Summary: I want to represent all the Salt Lake folk who may feel a little disconnected from the Law School experience living so far away from campus and activities. I have enjoyed the LP activities I’ve attended throughout the year and feel it would be wonderful to get more LPs living up North involved in them. It’s so nice to get together with others in a similar situation who get what your life is like being married to a law student. I hope to plan some activities in our area that may suit your needs and that you will come and socialize with others. Every activity I've been to has been a wonderful "break" and a place where I've been uplifted.


Gifts of the Heart Exchange (GOTHE) Rep: Ximena Bishop

No comments: