Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Secretary Position

DeAnn Mehr

I think by now there are many of you who know me and my story, but if you don’t, here’s a brief introduction. My name is DeAnn Mehr & my husband’s name is Dan- he is a 1L. We have been married for 10 years and have 3 children: Todd is 9 years old, Ian is just about 7 and Lucy is 1 ½. This is a second career for us and the decision to come back to school was a difficult one, but gratefully now we are here and enjoying what Provo and the BYU Law School offers.

Being involved with Law Partners during this first year of my husband’s law school has been a lot of fun. I have met some wonderful ladies and have appreciated who they are and what they have to offer in life. I’d like to serve as Secretary on the Law Partners Board to help associations like these grow among us. During this past year I think that Law Partners has done well in providing a variety of fun and meaningful activities, and I hope to continue this tradition in order to fulfill all sorts of interests. Specifically as Secretary, I will help facilitate organization and clarity about the Law Partners happenings. And finally, through my service I look forward to helping us spouses of law students feel encouraged, supported and even find great happiness during these brief, yet sometimes seemingly long, years of the law school process.

Erin Urrutia

I am Erin Urrutia (you-roo-tee-uh), I’m from California (S.F. Bay Area), I’ve been married for 3 years, and am pregnant with our first (due the end of July). I graduated from BYU-Idaho with a BS in Communications (minor in Information Systems and Graphic Design) and I work full-time in SLC. My favorite things in the world are probably camping on the lake and eating out (love the atmospheres). I like running, eating ice cream sundaes, writing, snowboarding, organizing and meeting new friends. I believe in hard work and the power of a positive attitude.

After having such a positive experience and creating great friendships within Law Partners, I really want to help other members achieve the same. The duties of the LP Secretary are right up my alley; I love design, I love learning about new people and I love keeping a calendar to be organized. I studied graphic design in college and absolutely love it, especially typography. With this passion, I would look forward to designing the newsletter every month. I would enjoy collecting biographies from LP members to include in the newsletter, thus allowing me to get to know the spouses as individuals as well as about their families. Last, my obsession with keeping a calendar would come in more than handy when keeping the calendar of events for law partners. I am organized, love writing and really would just love to help with the LP program this year.


Alison Love

I feel like I am at a point in my life where I want to be involved in as many things that I can. I want to make the most of the time that I have and the opportunities that I am presented with. I know this time in my life is a unique one…my husband is a first year law student, we have a brand new little girl, neither of us is employed; we have experienced a lot of changes. I want to be able to be involved in something where I can form new friendships and experience this unique time in my life with others that are in very similar circumstances. I feel like being involved as much as I can with Law Partners is something that can help me obtain this goal of making new friendships and making the most of this time in my life. I would be honored to hold the position of Secretary of Law Partners; however, whether I am Secretary or not, I am determined to make the most of the situation and to form as many of those friendships as possible.

Arizona. I am from Glendale, Arizona, but have lived in Utah for about seven years now.

Love. My last name.

I love to spend time with my family, exercise, read, sew, and watch favorite TV shows with my husband.

Spanish. I got my BA in Spanish from BYU in December 2006.

One day I would love to have my husband back full-time; it has been a hard adjustment having him studying all of the time.

Norah. Our new little girl, who joined our family on December 23, 2009. I am amazed every day at how much I can love this sweet girl.

No comments: