Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Vice-President Position

Tausha Bentz

I would like to hold the position of Vice President because first and foremost I have been very impressed with Law Partners this last year and would love to become much more involved. I love to plan activities and always make sure they are exciting and fun! I am dependable and will complete any task that is given to me. I will be a leader who listens to the ideas of others and incorporates them when making decisions.

As I said earlier, I have been very impressed with this last year’s presidency. I love that they have incorporated technology such as a blog, email, and Google group to help keep everyone informed. I believe the most important part of a presidency member is to keep everyone informed! If elected, I will do my best to keep everyone informed, especially new 1L members. I will also continue the current activities and create simple surveys to find out more of your interests and plan activities to meet all of your interests such as sports, music, games, etc. Above all, I have a love for life and will bring a pizzazz to Law Partners that you will never forget.

I am number six of seven children and was raised in Manti, Utah. I am married to Steve Bentz, a 1L, of Tempe Arizona and have a beautiful 3 month old daughter named Andrea Grace. Growing up I was very involved in athletics and music. I play softball, basketball, ultimate Frisbee, water sports, and hunting. I play the piano, violin, and organ. But, my two passions would have to be singing and dancing. I have held several leadership positions both in the community and in the church. I just graduated with my degree in Elementary Education!

Devan Gardner

Hi I'm Devan Gardner, my husband is Preston is a 1L. I am from Scottsdale Arizona and love it there. I'm the youngest of five girls all who are my best friends. Preston and I have been married 4 1/2 years and have a son, Conway who just turned 1. We are expecting our second this June and I'm super excited/scared!haha! I have some college done- mainly art classes and can't wait to be able to finish up and preferably major in art history. I love art, fashion, crafting, cooking and trying to learn to sew.

I would like to be Vice Presidnet of Law Partners for many reasons mostly because I have LOVED being a part of this fun organization this year. Having lived in AZ my whole life and moving out to Provo has been an adjustment for me. Being away from family and friends has been hard and being able to have Law Partners has been such a blessing in my life. I have met so many wonderful people who I know will be life long friends. Not only is moving away a difficult process but the absence of out spouces can make it that more of a struggle and to have such a support group of people who are going through the exact same thing is so comforting. I want to be involved in the group that has made my first year such a great experience and be able to give that experience to someone else. I want to give all my talents to this group, maybe a game night or movie night once in a while, or organizing special reality tv viewing parties- cause we all have at least one guilty pleasure! (mine is the bachelor!) Most of all I just want to do all I can to make Law Partners even stronger next year and be able to help others have a really enjoyable law school experience!

No comments: